Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Welcome to our blog!

Welcome to our blog! Jack and I created an Aylsworth family website in an effort to stay in touch with our friends and family back home. This blog is an extension of that effort. Jack is in New Jersey for work so I will kick it off with our first blog...




Yesterday I went home for lunch to let the dogs out and grab a quick bite to eat. Well... I was headed back to work when I saw this cute little black lab mutt puppy almost get hit by a car! I turned around and watched for a few minutes as it became very obvious that this little puppy was lost and in trouble. I am sure you know what I did next. I did what any dog lover would do. I took it home with me with the intent to find it's owner and get it back home safely. In all my good intentions, somehow I managed to be peed on by this wiggly little dog. When I say I was peed on I mean that I was covered, head to foot.



Covered in pee and with a whining puppy in the back seat I took this dog home. I put the dog in the backyard and let Murphy and Abby out to play. It didn't take long for them to get acquainted. By the time I got out of the shower Murphy and the puppy were rolling and tumbling in the grass. Poor little Abby was watching sadly from across the yard. This new puppy had already found a place in Murphy's heart and Abby was old news.

Last night after work I took the puppy on a walk around the neighborhood in the freezing cold. I went door to door trying to find it's owner. I called animal control to report the dog and to see if anyone had called missing a dog. So far, no luck. Tonight I am going to post signs around the neighborhood and take her to the Lone Pine animal shelter (a no kill shelter). If the puppy is still at the house tomorrow when Jack gets home Jack is going to want to keep her. Can you imagine living with three dogs!

-Lauren

No comments: