Anyhow, every time we went through security or checked our luggage or went through immigration/customs we were asked are you related or are you family. A year after getting married I am almost used to my new name as I use it daily but answering questions like that just makes me laugh, wow, I AM an old married woman now. :)
So, now that Jack and I are a new family, we have officially started our first tradition. Since we are not a huge fan of our cheap, generic holiday ornaments, every country that we visit we purchase a new ornament. The first ornament we picked out was an intricate silver one from Ireland. It incorporates the shamrock, the Claddagh, the Celtic Cross, etc. The second we picked up was on our last evening in Edinburgh at the cutest Christmas shoppe on high street close to the Palace of Holyrood. It is a colorful, sewn cloth shield of Scotland, with both the flag and the thistle (the national flower and representative of the order of the thistle.)
We have a lot more trips ahead of us and countries to visit before we can fill a whole tree up but we are up for the challenge. Next up, Germany and Italy!
No comments:
Post a Comment